Selling & Delivery
It’s the big day for your borrower!
It’s also an important milestone for your institution, as this is the final step before selling the loan to MPF®. During this stage, we will cover the steps you will need to complete to sell your loan.
How it Works
Meet all federal and state regulations.
Proceed with your normal closing procedures.
- Prepare the closing documents.
- The loan will close in your institution’s name.
- MPF does not require any program specific forms.
- Be sure to use only the most current standard Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac uniform instruments.
- Use the Multi-state Fixed Rate Note FNMA/FHLMC 3200.
- Must use 5% late charge after 15 days (OG-12) unless state law says differently. Government loans follow the agency requirements.
- MPF prohibits prepayment penalties on the first lien and any subordinate liens for conventional and government mortgages.
- Use the FNMA/FHLMC state-specific Mortgage or Deed of Trust based on state requirements.
- If you are a MERS member, you may use a MOM mortgage.
- Use the following FNMA/FHLMC riders if applicable:
- Multiple units require the use of 1-4 Family Rider (FNMA 3170)
- PUD Rider (FNMA 3150)
- Condo Rider (FNMA 3140)
- Second Home Rider (FNMA 3890
Close with the borrower.