This training provides guidance for Participating Financial Institutions through the process of origination, processing, underwriting, selling and post-closing servicing through Iowa Bankers Mortgage Corporation.
Complete Training to Understand Your Responsibilities:
Please review important program timeframes for these steps.
A couple things to keep in mind during training:
- The training modules are meant to follow a general best practice process flow.
- You are responsible to originate, process, underwrite and close in your institution’s name; following standard secondary market procedures and the MPF Guides.
- The MPF Program requires the use of agency (Fannie/Freddie) documents for origination through closing.
- Review and familiarize yourself with the MPF Guides.
Tip: If you find an MPF closing package within your doc prep system; know this was not created or approved by the MPF Program
Your interaction with MPF in the loan process will include:
- Providing loan information to MPF using the automated (batch) submission process. The Fannie Mae 3.0 XML ULDD is the required format.
- Pricing and locking the loan using the eMPF website.
- After disbursing loan proceeds and not less than seven business days prior to price expiration, you will request loan funding using eMPF. If you do not have a full seven days, you will need to purchase an extension.
- The custody folder is to be pre-certified by the MPF Document Custodian no less than three business days prior to price expiration.
- Monitor the pre-custody reports, making any corrections required, to ensure the loan is certified. If necessary, purchase an extension.
IBMC as servicer:
- IBMC purchases the servicing and will board the loan onto IBMC's servicing system.
- The business day after you lock a loan with MPF, IBMC will send an email confirmation with the IBMC loan number and a MERS MIN number.
- Review the IBMC Concurrent Servicing Sale Manual for servicing requirements.
- IBMC will pay the SRP once a month for loans boarded on their system the previous month.
- IBMC will charge the following fees for each serviced mortgage and net the fees from the SRP:
- Tax Service Fee: $79
- Processing Fee: $150
- Escrow Waiver Fee: 0.25% of the unpaid principal balance at the time of sale to MPF (also charged to the borrower if escrow is waived at any point during the life of the loan)
Training Disclaimer: This training section is intended to give a general overview of selling loans into the MPF Program. It is your responsibility to understand and utilize the MPF Guides. If there are any discrepancies between this information and the information in the MPF Guides, the MPF Guides take precedent.