Originating & Underwriting
Now's the time to complete the processing steps that ensure your borrower and the property meet the MPF® requirements.
You will process the MPF loan as you would loans for other secondary market investors.
Demo: Want to know more? View our MPF Traditional: Product Eligibility & Underwriting webinar.
Run your automated underwriting system (if applicable)
Gather borrower information
Validate the information provided by the borrower
Order an Appraisal
Order the Title search
Order a Life of Loan Flood Certification
- Life of loan flood certification must be provided by one of the IBMC-approved vendors listed below:
- CBC Innovis
Note: A flood zone determination certificate with life-of-loan coverage must be obtained from a servicer-approved vendor.
For LTVs over 80%: Obtain private mortgage insurance from our list of approved vendors.
- Arch Mortgage Insurance Company (formerly CMG Mortgage Insurance Company)
- Essent Guaranty, Inc.
- Enact (formerly Genworth MI)
- Mortgage Guaranty Insurance Corporation (MGIC)
- National Mortgage Insurance Co.
- Radian Guaranty Inc.
- United Guaranty Residential Insurance Company and United Guaranty Mortgage Indemnity Company
If using an Automated Underwriting System (AUS): When loan data is updated and the AUS is submitted for the final time, loan information should match the documentation used to make the final decision.