Now it's time to ensure your mortgage production continues to operate at a high level.
You should conduct quality control reviews to evaluate the investment quality of your home loans, as well as detect possible fraud and false representation.
This step outlines the requirements for a Quality Control (QC) program for Mortgage Loans originated and serviced under the MPF® Program. (Refer to MPF Program Guide Chapter 8.) You must perform the QC duties in compliance with the MPF Guide.
There are 2 types of Sample Selections needed:
Randomly select loans for quality control audit that meet the requirements of the MPF Guide.
- The MPF Guide states the sample size must be no less than 10 percent. Choose either:
- 10% of your residential 1-4 family mortgage production;
- 10% of your secondary market 1-4 family mortgage production;
- or 10% of all your MPF loans
- A review appraisal will be required on 10% of the loans selected for QC Audit.
- A desk review must be completed by someone experienced in analyzing residential mortgage appraisals for the remaining loans.
- Each loan selected for post-closing review must have a new tri-merged credit report.
- Two types of reviews are required:
- Random – full file review (based on the 10% rule)
- Targeted – review one element of the loan file (these are in addition to the 10% rule)
- A comprehensive review is required for 2 stages of the closing process:
Meet the requirements of the MPF Guide for both pre and post-closing reviews.
MPF Program QC Reviews:
In addition to your internal QC, any mortgage loan delivered under the MPF Program is subject to a QC review.
- The MPF Program will use a third party (Covius Real Estate Services, LLC) to select loans and conduct QC reviews.
- When a loan is selected for review, you will receive an email request for the loan file(s) for electronic delvery using the eMAQCS Plus website.
- Follow the delivery instructions and meet the required time frames of providing loan file(s) to Covius.
- Visit the Welcome Center for valuable information on MPF QC processes, as well as resources and information featuring custody, servicing, investor accounting, and default management.
Note- Fannie Mae reserve the right to QC MPF Xtra loans.