Due Date: January 31, 2020
Thank you for your participation in the Mortgage Partnership Finance® (MPF) Program. We value our relationships with our Participating Financial Institutions (PFIs) and look forward to working with you in 2020.
Continued participation in the MPF program requires all Participating Financial Institutions to complete an MPF Annual Eligibility Certification.
Deadline for completion: January 31, 2020.
Dates to Remember and Steps to Take
January 2, 2020
Online certification begins
The eMPF website certification process will open. This is a two-part process: online forms and supporting documents.
Once logged in, you will see the Annual Eligibility Certification link in the ‘Quick Links’ tile for review and completion of the Online Forms:
The OG1 will have information pre-filled from prior years.
Once you've completed these online forms, hit 'SUBMIT.'
- Form OG1: MPF Participating Financial Institution Annual Eligibility Certification Form
- Form OG2: MPF Fidelity and Errors & Omissions Insurance Worksheet
Save your work often, your session will time out after 15 minutes of inactivity and any information not saved will need to be re-entered.
It is important that information be verified. PFIs are responsible for the accuracy of all information on the forms.
Download our Supporting Documents Checklist for an overview of the documents needed for this process.
From the Home page, select the ‘Upload’ tab in the upper right and choose ‘Annual Certification Process’ under the Select a Document Category dropdown menu.
You can upload one or more documents at a time.
You can combine multiple documents into one larger file up to the maximum size of 100Mb.
You should see a message that the uploads were successful each time.
Manage Roles and Authorities (Optional):
Managing roles and authorities within the MPF Program is an ongoing responsibility. As roles change, you may need to change system access and responsibilities. Click here to view the required documents and information you need.
January 31, 2020 - The deadline
Completion of the Annual Eligibility Certification Process is required by January 31, 2020.
This allows you to continue participation in the MFP Program without interruption or penalty.
Can I print the forms and mail them in?
Annual Eligibility Certification is an online process. Paper forms are not accepted.
Who can help me complete this form?
Internally, you may want to enlist the help of others who are the experts in their areas (if applicable). Engage your General Counsel, Compliance and Insurance, Quality Control Manager, Loan Services Manager, and any others for assistance on sections specific to their area.
Any member of your staff with eMPF authority can sign into the eMPF site and update the form.
Externally, there are two groups to help you depending on the issue:
- MPF Customer Service can assist with user sign in, site navigation and document uploads.
- FHLB Des Moines Mortgage Products Group can assist with completing the OG1, OG2 and questions on supporting documentation.
My status has changed - Seller, Seller/Servicer, or Servicer. How do I get that updated?
There are a couple of steps to this process.
- Save or print the OG1 you initially open. It shows the prior year’s information you will need to complete the form once your status change has been applied. Any change in status resets the form and any pre-filled fields will be reset to blank with this change.
- Answer Question 2 on the OG1 as 'No' and a member of the FHLB Des Moines Mortgage Product Group will reach out to you.
- Your request will be completed within 2-3 business days. Please check the OG1 form for completion, it will be reset and you will see your change in status.
- You can continue to upload supporting documents during this time.
- If you had a status change during the year, the form will be blank. You can pull some of the information from your copy of the previous year’s OG1 form. If you do not have access to it, you can start from scratch or the FHLB Des Moines Mortgage Products Group can assist you in getting a copy.
Always download a copy of the completed forms for your records. Keep copies of the supporting documents that were submitted with it.
What supporting documents do I need to provide?
A detailed list of necessary documents can be found on the OG1 form.