Due Date: January 31, 2019
Thank you for your participation in the Mortgage Partnership Finance® (MPF) Program. We value our relationships with our Participating Financial Institutions (PFIs) and look forward to working with you in 2019.
Continued participation in the MPF program requires all Participating Financial Institutions to complete an MPF Annual Eligibility Certification.
Deadline for completion: January 31, 2019.
A new on-demand recording of the Annual Eligibility Certification webinar is now available. This webinar provides an overview of the AEC forms and their functionality.
Dates to Remember and Steps to Take
January 2, 2019
Online certification begins
The eMPF website certification process will open. This is a two-part process: online forms and supporting documents.
Once logged in, you will see the Annual Eligibility Certification link in the ‘Quick Links’ tile for review and completion of the Online Forms:
- Form OG1: MPF Participating Financial Institution Annual Eligibility Certification Form
- Form OG2: MPF Fidelity and Errors & Omissions Insurance Worksheet
The OG1 will have information pre-filled from prior years.
Save your work often, your session will time out after 15 minutes of inactivity and any information not saved will need to be re-entered.
It is important that information be verified. PFIs are responsible for the accuracy of all information on the forms.
From the Home page, select the ‘Upload’ tab in the upper right and choose ‘Annual Certification Process’ under the Select a Document Category dropdown menu.
- You can upload one or more documents at a time.
- You can combine multiple documents into one larger file up to the maximum size of 100Mb.
- You should see a message that the uploads were successful each time.
Manage Roles and Authorities (Optional):
Managing roles and authorities within the MPF Program is an ongoing responsibility. As roles change, you may need to change system access and responsibilities. Click here to view the required documents and information you need.
January 31, 2019 - The deadline
Completion of the Annual Eligibility Certification Process is required by January 31, 2018.
This allows you to continue participation in the MFP Program without interruption or penalty.
Can I print the forms and mail them in?
Annual Eligibility Certification is an online process. Paper forms are not accepted.
Who can help me complete this form?
Internally, you may want to enlist the help of others who are the experts in their areas (if applicable). Engage your General Counsel, Compliance and Insurance, Quality Control Manager, Loan Services Manager, and any others for assistance on sections specific to their area.
Any member of your staff with eMPF authority can sign into the eMPF site and update the form.
Externally, there are two groups to help you depending on the issue:
- MPF Customer Service can assist with user sign in, site navigation and document uploads.
- FHLB Des Moines Mortgage Products Group can assist with completing the OG1, OG2 and questions on supporting documentation.
My status has changed - Seller, Seller/Servicer, or Servicer. How do I get that updated?
There are a couple of steps to this process.
- Save or print the OG1 you initially open. It shows the prior year’s information you will need to complete the form once your status change has been applied. Any change in status resets the form and any pre-filled fields will be reset to blank with this change.
- Send an email to the FHLB Des Moines Mortgage Products Group with your request for the change.
- Your request will be completed within 2-3 business days. Please check the OG1 form for completion, it will be reset and you will see your change in status.
- Avoid entering information into the OG1 form until you receive your response.
- You can continue to upload supporting documents during this time.
- If you had a status change during the year, the form will be blank. You can pull some of the information from your copy of the previous year’s OG1 form. If you do not have access to it, you can start from scratch or the FHLB Des Moines Mortgage Products Group can assist you in getting a copy.
Always download a copy of the completed forms for your records. Keep copies of the supporting documents that were submitted with it.
What supporting documents do I need to provide?
FHLB Des Moines has built a Supporting Documentation Checklist for you to use while collecting this information. Click here to open the pdf for saving or printing.
You may need to provide some or all the documentation on the list.
Documents required from all PFIs are noted on the checklist.