Selling & Delivery
It's time to reap the rewards of selling your mortgage through the MPF® Program.
Now that you've closed with the borrower, you will need to sell the loan to MPF.
1. MPF purchases the whole loan.
2. CMC Funding purchases the Servicing.
- The Servicing Released Premium (SRP) will be paid to you by CMC Funding.
Prior to Beginning the Funding Process
- You must have the delivery commitment (lock) number found on the delivery commitment confirmation.
- Loan must be closed and disbursed.
- Verify the loan data submitted in ULDD upload is consistent with the documentation in the loan file, UCDP and Automated Underwriting System (AUS); if not, correct and resubmit the data.
- All loans delivered under the MPF Xtra product will require a successful submission of a UCD XML file prior to making a loan funding request.
- The interest calculation is based on the net/pass-thru rate (note rate less 25 bps) using 30/360.
- 30/360 is a standard calculation for secondary market loans. This means that each loan payment reflects 30 days of interest regardless of the day the payment is made and regardless of the number of days in a month (i.e., it doesn't matter if it is February or July, it will always be calculated with 30 days of interest).
Tip: See how loan funding is calculated.
Tip: See Sample Funding calculation with Interim Interest
Tip: See Sample Funding calculation with Accrued Interest
Submit funding request via the eMPF website between 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM CST.
- Use the Batch Submission process to upload the Fannie Mae 3.0 ULDD & MPF Additional Information File. This process can be used to fund single or multiple loans. The batch submission type within the eMPF website will be "LPR and Fund."
- Request funds no less than 2 days prior to the lock expiration date.
- You will receive a “Funding Request Confirmation” via email on the day you request funds.
Demo: Submitting a Batch for the MPF Xtra Product
Note: This confirmation will not include interim interest and investor fees
Receive funds from the MPF Program.
- Your loan will be purchased by MPF within 1-2 business days of when you request funds via the eMPF website.
- On the day MPF purchases the loan, the individual who submitted the funding request will receive an email containing the funding confirmation (Transaction Confirmation and Loan Funding Activity Report). This report will provide you a breakdown of the loan proceeds as well as a MPF loan number which is later used in the loan shipping process.
- If you fund multiple loans in a single day, some of the funding line items will be lumped together and deposited into your eAdvantage account. The loan funding activity report is important because it provides the funding breakdown for each loan.
- Funds are available on the same day MPF purchases the loan by contacting the FHLB Des Moines MFS Wire Department; otherwise, you will see the funds appear in your eAdvantage account the following day.
- You or your accounting staff will need to move loan funds from eAdvantage to your own internal accounts via ACH or wire transfer.