Selling & Delivery
It’s the big day for your borrower!
It’s also an important milestone for your institution, as this is the final step before selling the loan to MPF®. During this stage, we will cover the specific steps you will need to complete to sell your loan.
How it Works
Proceed with your normal closing procedures.
- Review the CMC Funding Whole Loan Servicing Transfer Manual (Traditional) for servicer specific requirements.
- Include CMC Funding delivery fees:
- Tax Service Fee: $85.00
- Conventional Loan Boarding Fee: $150.00
- Government Loan Boarding Fee: $500.00
- Prepare the closing documents.
- The loan will close in your institution’s name.
- MPF does not require any program specific forms.
- Be sure to use only the most current standard Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac uniform instruments.
- Use the Multi-state Fixed Rate Note FNMA/FHLMC 3200.
- Must use 5% late charge after 15 days (OG-12) unless state law states differently.
- MPF prohibits prepayment penalties on the first lien and any subordinate liens for conventional and government mortgages.
- Use the FNMA/FHLMC state-specific Mortgage or Deed of Trust.
- MOM mortgage or Assignment to MERS
- Use the following FNMA/FHLMC riders if applicable:
- Multiple units require the use of 1-4 Family Rider (FNMA 3170)
- PUD Rider (FNMA 3150)
- Condo Rider (FNMA 3140)
- Second Home Rider (FNMA 3890)
- CMC Funding requires you to be a MERS member. Refer to the CMC Funding Whole Loan Servicing Transfer Manual (Traditional) for more information.
Close with the borrower.
For Loans Purchased On or Before the 12th:
Serviced loans purchased on or before the 12th calendar day of the month will have a first payment due to SLS on the 1st day of the next month. For example:
- Funding Date: August 9
- 1st Borrower Payment Date Due to SLS: September 1
- Effective Servicing Transfer Date: September 1
For Loans Purchased After the 12th:
Serviced loans purchased after the 12th calendar day of the month will have a first payment due to SLS on the 1st day of the month after the next month. For example:
- Funding Date: August 22
- 1st Borrower Payment Date Due to SLS: October 1
- Effective Servicing Transfer Date: October 1
Meet all federal and state regulations.
Pay all taxes, delinquent taxes or insurance payments due within 60 days before or after the sale date.
CMC Funding's Responsibilities
The SRP will be paid to you by CMC Funding; CMC will net the required escrow balance and fees from the SRP. If netting results in a negative SRP, you will be required to wire the required funds within 2 business days.